HORIZONTAL PLATE TYPE FILTER PRESS
- The unfiltered liquid is fed into the filter under positive pressure, where liquid travels in downwards direction and finds its way through opening on sides of the Filter Plates.
- As the liquid pressure increases, the Filter media holds the foreign particles and allows only clear filtrate to pass through the central channel formed by interlocking pressure cups to the outlet.
- Filtration is continued until the cake holding capacity of the unit is reached or until the filtrate rate becomes too slow owing to cake resistance.
- Horizontal Plate Filter Press is enclosed construction, preventing evaporation, oxidation, leakage and fumes escaping from product.
- Filter plates are available in two sizes. Deep plate for large percentage of cake holding capacity and Shallow plate for small percentage of cake holding capacity.
- The horizontal filter plate and even thickness of cake, prevents the cake dropping as well as cracking, thus assuring better filtrate quality.
- The Filtration area and cake holding capacity can be increased or decreased according to requirement.